The Facebook

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Swordfish

I'm sorry, but if you don't like Swordfish, and you are male, then I would not be seen hanging out with you. It is a "Guys" movie. I saw in the theater with my girlfriend before she was my wife. She hated it, and to this day, rates it as one of the worst movies she has ever seen. Despite that, I love, I own it, and I watch it on a semi regular basis. When I saw it, I urged my Brother to watch it. When he did, I asked his opinion, wondering if I was crazy, or if my wife was just too much of a girl. His exact statement, "It Was AWESOME!!!!" I know Dude, I know. Swordfish is an espionage type film. It follows a rich bad guy who needs the help of an elite hacker. The hacker is played by Hugh Jackman at the forefront of his illustrious career. The baddie is John Travolta. Swordfish is the code name for a government operation we are not suppose to know about. It involves stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from a slush fund the US government has set up. Travolta wants it and hires out the computer work to Jackman. From the opening scene, where the explosion goes off in slo-mo in a 360 degree camera work, a'la Matrix, I was hooked. It was so loud and awesome, and it has Halle Berry's boobs in a completely pointless scene, but nonetheless. Stanley's (Jackman) whole reason for helping the bad guy quickly focuses on his daughter, who he really wants to gain custody of, and he doesn't want to die. He begins to uncover some uncomfortable truths about his new boss and the bosses girl. He has a super cop on his butt, (Don Cheadle) who wants nothing more than to put Stanley behind bars. The action heats up and keeps the audience guessing right until the end, and I like how it ended. If you are unsure, you should watch it.

NBM rates Swordfish - Awesome

Buy Your Copy Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment