The Facebook

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pulp Fiction #4 : Marcellus Wallace

And finally, last, but not at all least. Marcellus Wallace is the baddest dude to hit the screen since... Well, I can't think of anyone. He is the nucleus of the whole film, yet his screen time is limited. He is the boss man with a Reputation for unthinkable things. He pays Butch to do something that didn't happen, his wife Mia OD's, his goons kill some dudes, and he personally knows The Wolf. He has a life many would love to have, except for one thing. He has to endure a raper. (I know that's not a real word, Dean) His briefcase has fallen into unworthy hands, and he must get it back at all costs. Luckily his guys are somewhat competent and they retrieve it quite quickly. They do run into a couple of issues, but they handle it. What is in the case? That is the ultimate question. No one knows except the writer himself. The two theories are 1: It's Marcellus' soul, and 2: It's some new form of an old drug.  I am more apt to believe the second option, because I think the soul is one with the body and a body cannot thrive without one. Although it is an interesting concept, and over the years it has been the theory my mind goes with during the 30 plus viewings of Pulp. I do like Marcellus, because he has character. He will kill you if you wrong him, but we also learn how forgiving he can be if you save him from a horrible situation. Marcellus has some great lines, but when he says, "...get midevil on your ass." Great stuff. I do love Pulp Fiction, and I do love Marcellus Wallace.
On a side note : I love the fact that Marcellus has a guy for everything possible, yet he Walks to get his own donuts and coffee. Then again, I guess it had to be that way.

NBM rates Marcellus Wallace - A Work of Cinematic Art

Buy Your Copy Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment