The Facebook

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Christmas Carol (2009)

Let me start by saying that this version is not as entertaining as either of the previous versions I grew up on. First, there is Mickey's Christmas Carol which is an all time classic 100% animated film. Then we have Scrooged which is live action dark comedy with Bill Murray. This one is sort in between them in realms of the way it looks. It's a sort of animated realism. It's like Polar Express or Beowolf, only crisper. The Technology has improved. The characters in film some what resemble the actors who voice them, and the motion is very crisp, but the way the story is told bothered me. It is extremely dark, and I would not show it to young children. I do not need to talk to much of the story, as I'm sure you are all well aware of Charles Dickens classic novel by now. I do think this one may be more desciptively accurate than the other versions, but I prefer the light hearted versions. I don't think I'll need to watch it again, but it did make me want to pop in Scrooged immediately after to pick up the mood. The last 20 minutes of the film were the most fun, and it really felt real.

NBM rates A Christmas Carol (2009) - Good

Buy Your Copy Today



2 comments:

  1. This was the first film I'd seen in the new "non red and blue glasses" 3D format in theaters. You'd have a different perspective on it if you'd experienced it that way. They did a great job of adding depth and perspective to the story, and you'll lose that in a standard presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one I saw in Real 3D was Avatar, so I can appreciate what you are saying. I actually saw this previewed in 3D and it was very cool. Thanks for the comment, and keep reading.

    ReplyDelete