The Facebook

Monday, November 29, 2010

Eagle Eye


RT baffles me most of the time, but every once in a great while, they kinda piss me off. I take some things a little personal. It's not the website, they are just there to host. It's the critics who use the site. Eagle gets a 27%. WTF! I saw this in the theater and it rocked me hard core. Then I saw it again the week it came out on DVD. Had to introduce A-Bomb to it. It's not like he wasn't going to see, but if I showed up with a copy of it, who would say no to that? Then I have watched it beginning to end another 8 times on HBO, and have seen the last 20 minutes about 25 more times on HBO. It is such a good thriller. Most times thrillers are good once, (ex: Sixth Sense), but this one gets me every time. The intensity and the believable Jerry Shaw (LaBeouf) gives his story to the FBI agent (Billy Bob) about his innocence. It's all one big set up, so he claims. Then there is supermom Rachel (Monoghan) who is dragged into Jerry's mess when her son is threatened if she doesn't cooperate. Every move they make, and every breath they take, they are being surveilled and constantly getting out of bad situations with the authorities. Situations that detainees are strictly locked down for. It is one thrill after another all leading up to the final bang. Jerry is an epic failure, while his identical twin brother is Captain America. When his brother dies, that's when Jerry's life takes a sudden turn south. If you haven't seen Eagle Eye, I won't ruin it for you, but if you have, I get chill bumps every time that final seen plays out. WWJD = What will Jerry Do? Will he be as selfish as he always is, or will he figure it. The choice he makes is what chills me. You'll see what I'm talking about. Turns out there is more to this than Jerry and Rachel. It's a huge picture that they are being forced to compile one piece at a time.
**Reader. You've been activated. Now go and watch Eagle Eye.

NBM rates Eagle Eye - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today



No comments:

Post a Comment