The Facebook

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jurassic Park


Jester's wife: Did you know the T-Rex can only see you if you are moving? I wonder if that's true? I learned that on Dora the Explorer. Well? Did you know that?

Jester: I've known that since 1994!

Jester's Wife: That's pretty specific. Why 1994?

Jester: Jurassic Park came out in 1994 and not only changed film altogether, but made my love for Dinosaurs grow exponentially.

Jester's wife: Well, Pin a rose on your nose...Loser!

Jester: Pfffffffft.

Jurassic Park is without a doubt in my top 10 movies of all time, and I don't see it budging any time soon. I've always enjoyed the thought of dinosaurs and Spielburg made it a reality, or maybe is was all John Hammond. This film changed things. Every once in a great many moons a film is made that turns everything we have known upside down. A world was created where man and dino could once again walk together, and hunt/be hunted. What could possibly go wrong with an amusement park featuring actual living breathing prehistoric creatures with all their animal instincts in tact? One good thing happened. That skeezy lawyer was a tasty h'orderve for Ol' Rexy. I feel I don't need to explain much of the plot of this movie, yet at the same time, if you read the dialogue above, maybe I am just a smart guy. I must admit, if a park like this did exist, I would pay whatever it cost to go. Jurassic Park was packed with action, and it's one of the very few films I actually saw 4 times in a theater. It had a strangely long run, that was unparallelled until Titanic. I saw it in a couple different states even. The picture I posted was one of the scariest sequences in the film. It made me never want to own a slow ass Jeep Wrangler ever. Although T-Rex is the man on the island, and he is King of the Dinos, the Velociraptors were the one's who stole the show. Their violent nature to stalk, hunt, kill, and devour was an awesome thing to watch. I had never even heard of that Dino until this film. The ones we grew up with were Triceratops, T-Rex, Brontosaurus, and Stegosaurus. When a velociraptor would charge with that horrible screeching sound it would make my blood boil. And they are smart. They open doors, pop up ceiling tiles. Not even Jules Winfield could escape their blood thirst. If you are being hunted by this "Bird of Prey", They seem to have trouble with walk in freezers and charging towards a reflection in a shiny object. So, place a mirror in the back of a freezer with your reflection on it and lock them in, otherwise, you may as well give up, because they will win every time. Sam Neal, Laura Dern play Dino expert archaeologists loving the park, but knowing it's not a good idea. Jeff Goldblum plays Ian Malcolm, Choatician or Chaos theory expert. He is really there for 2 reasons. Comic relief and to distract Rexy. He does a good job at half of his tasks. Like I said. I love dinos, and I love Jurassic Park. It forever improved the way movies were made, and I appreciate that.

NBM rates Jurassic Park - A Work of Cinematic Art

Buy Your Copy Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment