The Facebook

Saturday, November 20, 2010

She's Out of My League

I've seen this twice and it's so refreshing to reinvent the standard cinema hero. Apparently it's Jay Baruchel week here at NBM. He is the most unlikely leading man in Hollywood, because he doesn't portray Hollywood. He's an "everyman". In this Rom-Com he plays Kirk. A love sick lovable loser who works for TSA with his best friends, which I must say, if you are gonna be miserable at least do it as a group. His ex girlfriend broke up with him two years earlier, but he still pines over her, because he doesn't think he can do any better. His biggest problem is the people he surrounds himself with. His family, his friends, and even himself believe he is not good enough at anything he wants to do or be. He meets our heroine, Molly (Alice Eve), by finding her iphone and returning it to her. She is a hard 10 in terms of physical appearance and Kirk is no higher than a 5, so logically this relationship should not happen. It's Physics. These facts are exactly why Molly enjoys his company. He has no expectations of her, and they actually really get along well. I think with all the naysayers in his life,Kirk knows it will not work, and he kinda gives up. I like the movie because the nice guy wins, which doesn't happen often. The jokes are funny, the story and characters are sweet, and his family sucks, but they definitely get the viewers rooting for Kirk with how bad they treat him. It is rated R for the standard language and perversion, but I wouldn't compare this to the ultra raunchy comedies that have taken over. It's probably still offensive to some, but it just has a different feel to it.

NBM rates She's Out of My League - Awesome

Buy Your Copy Today




2 comments:

  1. I totally agree that this is an amazing movie. I have really enjoyed your reviews as of late and was hoping for some sneak previews of new movies coming out in the future.

    Appreciate,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS When can I get added to the photo. I am just next door man.

    ReplyDelete