The Facebook

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Other Guys

I Love Mark Wahlberg as a funny man. Ever since his turn in Date Night that all really started with his "Mark Wahlberg talks to animals" retort on SNL. Playing the tough guy, but delivering great comedic performance. I do think he has a lot more comedy in him. In The Other Guys, he is not the funny one. He is really disgruntled and pissed off that he doesn't get to investigate any real crimes because of a mistake he made early in his career. Let's just say he shot some one he shouldn't have. His partner is a pencil pusher, who loves doing paperwork, because "you can't get hurt behind a desk". It goes in a really strange direction early on. I did not see it coming at all, but it made the plot possible. Two loser cops who want the recognition for the work they have actually done. What they get is a bunch of people getting in their way and trying to bury both them and the evidence. It's not a Laugh a minute comedy like Stepbrothers, or Talladega Nights. It's way better, because of the substance. It's a thick plot, that revolves around money. Fraud to be exact. The one repetitive joke throughout is about how Ferrell's character is constantly being pursued by extremely hot women. Wahlberg does not understand this phenomena, and is always questioning, How?. Great movie, Smart Plot, Hilarious Jokes, and a really nice cast including Sam Jackson, The Rock, Michael Keaton, and the brilliant Steve Coogan. The wooden gun is also a very hilarious aspect to the entire film. I strongly suggest this to anyone who likes Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, cop movies, comedies, or Toyota Prius's.

NBM rates The Other Guys - Awesome

Buy Your Copy Soon
 

2 comments:

  1. I disagree. First one so far that I disgree. I actually found it funnier than talladega nights. In a different way for sure, but funnier. I actually put off watching this because this post made it sound not worth my time, but I went through with it anyway. I will be purchasing this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete