The Facebook

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gone in 60 Seconds

This one I really do not understand. Rated a measly 24% on RT, it angers me more than most. Back in 2000 when it was released I was a bit of a Nicolas Cage fanatic. Not so much anymore, but then he was awesome. I went to see this film opening night with a friend of mine who happened to be a girl. We both enjoyed the film loads, but it began my obsession with cars. I always liked cars, but this put a whole new spin on the automobile for me. From then on all I could think about was which cars would be worth a grand theft auto rap. Eleanor, definitely. My love for the fastback mustang, Shelby or otherwise, it didn't matter to me, began with this film. I just wanted to own one. I still haven't gotten it, but one day I will. This film is such an adrenaline rush, and to be honest, I haven't met anyone who doesn't like it. Why wouldn't someone like it? It has a young, hot Angelina with blond dreads, Fast cars, and a family tie that makes you appreciate your siblings all the more. When Master P showed up, I almost crapped my pants. I was thrown at first, but I must admit, I didn't hate him. He did his part well. Vinnie Jones adds the muscle to Memphis Raines' group. This was his first big film released in the USA. Since then he has made a nice career of being a bad mama jama. Not to mention anything with Robert Duvall is worth watching. If you disagree with this statement, send me a film with him you don't like. I dare ya. I do believe me and my brother set a record for the most consecutive days watched in a row once it was on DVD. To this day it has not got old, and I still want to be driving Eleanor, evading the cops, trying to save my bro's life. Unrealistic? Maybe, but undeniably enjoyable. I ended up marrying that girl I took to this film those many years ago, and until this point it has been really good. Unfortunately I just realized a married a 2000 Volvo Turbo Wagon R. Sure it's a Turbo, but it's still a wagon. This changes my entire outlook on my entire marriage. Not only my marriage, but any of the major decisions I have made in my life. I must now re-assess everything. I do still want my fastback though, that'll never change.


 (Pretty Pitiful, huh?
      Well, that's my Lisa.
  Freakin station wagon.)

NBM rates -
 Gone in 60 Seconds - Phenomenal


Buy your Copy Today

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Turbo Wagons are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I'm a Turbo Grocery Getter! I hate blue, so could I be another color? Silver looks good on me.

    ReplyDelete