The Facebook

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

300

Definitely in the top 10 all time in the category of "Guy Movies". I remember really anticipating this film. I did read the graphic novel and the movie is spot on word for word, and scene for scene. It is also the first time I can recall a movie adaptation from a comic book to look so much like a comic book. Digital blood, loads of green screen work, and slow motion integrated to perfection. This is what I call a "Big Screen" movie. I saw it with my younger, full of piss and vinegar brother, and we had a blast. Its bloody and sexy and mythological, but it's absolutely brilliant. Zach Snyder directs to perfection. He deals with a production that was 85% green screen. He launched the career of Gerard Butler, and made a film that made over 200M domestically. The film follows the 300 Spartans who fight an army of thousands to defend their freedom form Xerxes (who may get a film of his own. Juicy Rumor.) Xerxes is taking over the world one country or village, or providence at a time. When King Leonidas (Butler) won't give up his country, the war begins. The Spartans are 100% heart in super sexy stacked soldier bodies. All is going well for the well trained strategically enhanced Spartan army up until a bitter turncoat, who was denied entry into the army gives valuable info to Xerxes and his crew. The film is a fairy tail that cannot be won by the heroes. All fairy tails do not have a happy ending. This was the first time digital blood took over a movie, that I can remember. It's a lot easier to ingest than squibs, and I imagine cheaper on the budget. I've seen this movie in it's entirety probably 10 times, but I've seen bits and pieces over 30 times. One of the greatest visuals of all time pertains to the picture posted above. Leonaidas' shield is riddles with arrows, this doesn't faze him. He uses his sword in an upward motion to snap the length off the arrows. It really is awesome directing. I love this movie, and if everyone didn't die (Sorry for the spoiler. Open a book and it wouldn't be a spoiler at all,) I would be looking for to the sequel. I apologize, I'm a bit distracted by the premier of Conan. Shameless plug, IT'S AWESOMELY HILARIOUS! Anyway, 300! Watch it!

NBM rates 300 - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today








No comments:

Post a Comment