The Facebook

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Killers

Killers (on DVD this week) is one of the worst reviewed movies this year. At 12% on RT, I had to give it a shot. Here we go. Killers is 1/2 True Lies, 1/2 Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and 1/2 Grosse Point Blank. That's three halves of awesome movies and Killers just doesn't match up with any of those films. I do think it was miscast. I haven't figured out whether it was Ashton or Katherine, but one of them just felt wrong. What didn't feel wrong was the presence of Tom Selleck's mustache. Not only did it get one direct compliment, but two direct compliments, in a row. About time it got the recognition it deserves. I do believe Ashton and "the stache" had better on screen chemistry than him and Heigl. The most surprising thing in the movie was the cameo by Usher. Yep, THE USHER. He plays a K Mart employee, and it's not funny at all, but he was there. I do wish there would have been more laughs than there were, but there was a nice little twist near the end. I don't know if I'll watch it again, but I don't regret watching it. It cost me a buck and I can live with that. Basically Ashton is a CIA hit man that wants out when he falls in love. Eventually his past catches up with him and bad things happen. Same story, not as well told or acted as the three referenced at the top of the page, but nonetheless, I'm not gonna lose sleep over the fact that I watched it on a Wednesday night instead of Television. If you like Ashton and Katherine you will probably like Killers, if not, you may not.

NBM rates Killers - Neutral

Buy A Copy Today

4 comments:

  1. i seen this movie it is good movie i like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to have a rating of Good available for movies that are better than neutral but not considered great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wife was right. It sounds like she is ALWAYS right. I'm happy that CNBC could open your eys to the error of your ways.

    Thanks
    One AWESOME wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. eys? Who are you and why can't you spell. Twin Inspiration. What does that even mean?

    ReplyDelete