The Facebook

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Mexican

Alright, A-bomb pinch hitting for a couple of days while Jester is out of commission. I'm actually writing this a couple of days before it's posted and will in fact be in Mexico as you read this. In light of this fact, I feel it necessary to review the Mexican.  I personally think this movie does not get the recognition it deserves.  I went through a period in the late 90's where I became tired of Pitt. Not that I didn't like his movies, just tired of him being in every movie it seemed like.  In fact, I didn't even see the Mexican until a couple of years after it came out.  What a mistake.  I should have seen this movie immediately. The movie is extremely witty and has produced some great one liners for the Jester and myself.  "Shoot me?" "El Camino" and "somebody's going to be leaving here missing an ear or not being able to F#$k anymore."  Jerry, good guy but kind of a screw up, ends up owing favors to some unsavory characters.  When he is "asked" to go to Mexico to retrieve a kid and a gun (with a great story), he can't refuse, but his girlfriend can.  Man, she infuriated me, but in a funny way.  A series of really unfortunate and crazy events ensue and we end up with a very good story.  Great cast including superstars Julia Roberts, Gene Hackman, the aforementioned Pitt, and even an early Soprano's James Gandolfini.  Fantastic story line of mistaken identity, love, betrayal, and honor.  This film restored my interest in Brad Pitt, and I am very glad I gave it a chance.  I am sure you have seen it, but if not, make it a point to follow the link below and purchase it.  You will want to watch at lest 3 times, and if you are like me, probably a lot more. 

A-Bomb for NBM rates The Mexican - Phenomenal. 

Buy Your Copy Today

No comments:

Post a Comment