The Facebook

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Whiteout

Whiteout is the lowest rated film that is not a straight up 0% since I have begun. At only 7% I didn't have anything else to do, so I figured, why not? Kate Beckinsale will get me to stop on any show at any time. Am I wrong? She plays a US Marshall stationed on Antarctica. Flashbacks about her shaky hand with a gun show us why she has been taken out of the game. Her best friend, Doc, played by Tom Skerritt adds maturity to the cast. He is looking so much like Kris Kristofferson it's not even funny. Just before the entire continent is evacuated for the six month spread known as "whiteout", a body is found. Originally thought of as an accidental death, she dug deeper, discovering things she now needs to solve before leaving. It wasn't edited well, or the story wasn't written great. I haven't figured out which one it is. Characters show up out of nowhere, plot is confusing at times, but it doesn't derail it completely. I think I had it figured out really early on, but was constantly curious as to what the final moments would bring. It's worth seeing once if you like movies about snow and wind, with a little bit a frostbite thrown in.

NBM rates Whiteout - Good

Buy Your Copy Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment