The Facebook

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Happy Halloween everybody. Not my favorite holiday, but I get why people do love it. Every October films are released specifically to coincide with the "The Devil's Night". There is always a new Saw movie, the Halloween re-makes, but last year they finally did it right, and they re-invented horror, by using reality instead of straight Gore. September 2009, Paranormal is released to scare the living crap out of it's viewers. Made on a single camera, for about $15,000, it took the country by storm. It's one of those films that makes you wonder, Is it real, or fake? (Blair Witch, anyone?)  I can tell you, although it is fiction, it's real. Having lived in a house with actual "Paranormal Activity", I can easily attest to the fact that as scary as this film is, it does not even come close to the reality of the actual situation. I know this movie was done really well, because every creak and door swing took me right back to that "Hell House" I had to endure for an entire year when I was 13 years old. This movie returned me to a very uncomfortable time in my life, but I appreciated it. You will always have that argument about ghosts and spirits/demons. I say spirits/demons because I do think there is a very easy line to differentiate neutral spirits which have been unable to "crossover", and demons which are more evil beings. I know demons are suppose to be straight out of Hell, but I feel any spirit that is evil should be considered a Demon. Me and my friends watched this movie in complete darkness, and silence. It really is the best way to watch a movie like this, if you want the full effect. I do and don't want to see the sequel. Why? I do think it looks good, and I believe they can create the same chemistry as the first film. I don't because it involves a baby and a dog. They say children and animals are able to key into these phenomena because of their ignorance. That creeps the hell out of me. Be safe out there this Halloween and don't piss off the spirits!!


NBM rates Paranormal Activity - A Work of Cinematic Art


Buy Your Copy Today


Paranormal Activity (2-Disc Digital Copy Edition) [Blu-ray] 

No comments:

Post a Comment