The Facebook

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

I had the privilege to watch Bill and Ted last week. I hadn't seen the film in several years and I was so amazed that as an adult it still holds up. More so even than when I watched it as a young ignorant kid. Released 21 years ago I can't imagine it got a warm welcome from anyone over the age of 18. I remember enjoying it as a funny time travel romp involving future superstar Keanu Reeves as Ted "Theodore" Logan and Alex Winter as Bill S. Preston Esquire, along with George Carlin as future human Rufus. Bill and Ted are on the brink of being separated by Ted' father. If they fail their verbal history report, then Ted will be sent to military academy in Alaska, thus ending the reign of their bodacious rock band Wyld Stallyns. Rufus uses a phone booth to travel through time and is sent to help Bill and Ted with their assignment. He gives them their very own Excellent time booth to use. They use it to travel and recruit key historical figures from the past to help them woo their professor into a passing grade. Watching as an adult I held a better grasp on the situation. To be able to travel back in time and meet all the dead guys from your textbook would be awesome. These guys may seem like slackers, but it's quite the opposite. They are constantly making notes to themselves in order to alter the present in order to help themselves. Pretty Smart Dudes. It sounds complex, but I assure it is not. This righteous film would act as a stepping stone for Keanu's quite impressive film career, whereas Alex Winter did not do anything else except the sequel to this film. Watching Keanu early on in his career, not much has changed. I always thought he wasn't a great actor, because his delivery is so strange. Yet his filmogrophy is so stacked with awesome films, I do appreciate him more today than I did yesterday, and each day he seems to grow on me a little more. Oh yeah, and it introduced us to Air Guitars. Sweet

NBM rates Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - Excellently Phenomenal


Buy Your Copy Today

No comments:

Post a Comment