The Facebook

Friday, September 17, 2010

Jennifer's Body

Jennifer's Body blew me away. It was funny, sexy, and quite original. I had little expectation for this film due to the awful publicity it got during it's release. Within the first 20 minutes, I was in it to win it, whatever that means. The narration by Needy (Amanda Seyfried) at the beginning is brilliant, and as the movie goes along it's just clever. It really showed that Megan Fox can act, and with J.K. Simmons playing a teacher who has a hook for a hand, which was never explained, it really rounded out nicely. Dubbed Horror, I really think it falls short of that term. If Scream is considered Horror, than Jennifer's Body is correct, but Scream is really horrific.? I would probably classify both these films as High School confusion with students trying new things, Murder. The story was told and directed very well. It was original and I think for Diablo Cody coming fresh off of writing the huge hit Juno, she really did a good job not falling back into writing the same story with new characters like so many writers do, I'm looking at you Guy Ritchie. Still love you though. With Jennifer giving up the details of why she has begun killing boys right at the half way point, I was wondering if it could maintain the momentum. It did. Amanda Seyfried comes off as paranoid, but it is real. The guy who played her boyfriend was awesome. He is a Super cool dude in every sense of the word. Not popularity wise, but mentally. He also had one funniest lines in the whole movie. I don't necessarily find Seyfried attractive, but she is quite a good actress. The film wasn't all that bloody, except for a couple of images throughout, it really wasn't hard to watch. I knew it had something special going for it when we watched the first half on Wednesday night and wasn't able to finish it til tonight. For two straight days it took over my mind. I was constantly thinking about where it was leading. I wanted to finish it and confirm to myself how good it really was. At the same time it had a good possibility of being half of a great movie, and half of a mediocre movie. It ended up be a great film through and through. Definitely.  worth watching.

NBM rates Jennifer's Body - Awesome

Buy Your Copy Today

 

1 comment:

  1. This movie was AWESOME!!We watch movies every saturday night so I am gonna follow you just cuz I <3 movie reviews!!!!

    ReplyDelete