The Facebook

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tangled


Once again, here is a film that played over and over in my house for weeks before I actually payed attention to it. Then like lightning, that one line caught my attention, and I had to watch it. I don't specifically remember the line or scene, but it was worth it. This film is not only a princess story for young girls, but it is also an action adventure that boys will enjoy. Case in point, my daughter likes it, but my son loves it. It is a good control for any parents out there wondering if The Jester knows what he is talking about, as my kids are the same age. It feels less like a fairy tale, and more like Indiana Jones must save the girl. It is really fun to watch and is down right hysterical at times. I still think Disney should cut or at least minimize the song and dance that are the main aspect of their films. Yes after 40 views, the songs are catchy and memorable, but do we really need 4-8 song sequences? I think not. Good storytelling is enough. Kids don't need that much stimulation, like they used to. They are more interested in the story these days, than the snappy little tunes. I find myself rushing into the living room to catch certain scenes or one lines that I find brilliant each and every time I see it. Flynn Rider (Voiced by Chuck's Zachary Levi) is a thief. He is always wanted by the castle guards for crimes he has committed. His wanted posters make up a hilarious running gag throughout the film. Rapunzel is voiced by the lovely Mandy Moore. When Rapunzel is a baby, she is stolen from the castle and her King and Queen parents by the evil lady Gothel. Gothel uses Rapunzel's magic hair to stay young, and she raises her to be afraid of the outside world, so to keep her all to herself and not risk losing her own personal fountain of youth. When her and Rider's paths cross, he needs her as much as she needs him. She basically wants to go into town, as she has never been out of her tower. He wants the crown back that he recently stole, that she hid from him. What starts as little effort on Rider's part turns into so much more. Soon they are being pursued by everyone, but Rapunzel will not fail to see "The Floating Lights". It is action packed with great jokes and really good animation. I know anyone who appreciates a good cartoon will definitely appreciate Tangled.

NBM rates Tangled - Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment