The Facebook

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Trouble With the Curve

What's not to like? Clint Eastwood, John Goodman, and the always lovely and extremely talented Amy Adams star together in a baseball movie. It also stars Justin Timberlake, who in my opinion, could be an Oscar caliber actor if he would just give up his miserable and very unsuccessful music career and focus on doing films, but that is none of my business. This film is less about baseball and more about family ties, or lack there of. It does have the baseball element, but to me, it is sub plot. It focuses on the Father / Daughter relationship between Gus and Mickey (Eastwood and Adams). They have a checkered past, but when dear old Dad needs help due to health issues, Mickey shows up to try and help. It is the typical film about redemption from past choices and opening up dialogue to build a future together. It is beautifully acted and I still have no idea why Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB gave this film such a poor shake. I have seen it at least 5 times and it has easily become a film I can not scroll past if it is on. That should tell you just how good it is. I was surprised at how emotional a film it is. It has one of, if not the saddest scenes I have ever seen. I get teary eyed each and every time I watch said scene. Give this one a try if you have missed it because you believed those other critics. I am telling you it is great. 

4 out of 5 stars from NBM

No comments:

Post a Comment