The Facebook

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ratings System Updates

Last night me and my wife had a very in depth conversation (Argument) about how I rated the movie Killers. Apparently I need to a have a rating in between Neutral and Great. I tried to explain to her that most ratings systems deal with a total of 5 ratings. 1 star to 5 stars. I also stated in a demeaning voice, "I liked it, I give 3 out of a possible 7 stars" doesn't make sense, sounds weird. To which she argued that the number 5 is also an odd number. I replied that she was correct. The number 5 is not an even number. She looked at me with a question on her face. She then asked , "Well?" It makes more sense with 5. Why? she asked. I replied, "because its half of 10, and ten is even." Good was suggested, and I agreed there are definitely movies that could fall in that parameter. We fought about this for no good reason, but she was really offended by my actions/review.  Anyway, in the long standing tradition of never agreeing with ones wife, I read a comment posted on that particular review early this morning. It stated "blah blah blah, it was good, I liked it" So due to this perfect stranger opening my eyes and showing me the light I have now added a "Good" review to the options. Now there are a possible 6 ratings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment