The Facebook

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Army of Darkness

This movie was specially requested today by my good friend Superman. We were discussing great films over a slice of pizza and a diet sun drop. I was eating, he was not. He claimed pizza to be his kryptonite of sorts. Anywho, Army of Darkness is one of the very first DVD's I ever bought when I got my first player back in 2000. The crazy thing of was how much it cost. I remember paying $24.99 for this film. That's when DVD's were as expensive as blu ray is now. (On a side note, I paid upward $75 for the Die Hard trilogy. Nuts, huh?) Army is one of the great camp, spoof, horror comedies of all time. It stars the B movie legend, Bruce Campbell. Campbell plays discount store clerk, Ash. Ash is wormholed back into the 1300's where he his originally seen as a bad guy to the locals. Luckily for him he happen to be transported with both his boom stick (shotgun) and his chainsaw, which is attached to arm. He is seen as the savior to these people with his knowledge and weaponry. He is placed in charge of finding "the evil book" which basically unleashes hell on earth. When Ash must recite the words to make it all better, he duffs. This unleashes an army of skeletons, and his dead self aptly named Evil Ash. This film is filled with classic scenes including Two Headed Ash, The skeletons giving our hero the fish hook and 3 stooges poke to the eyes. He must absolve the situation in order to get back to his time. When this movie came on a couple of weeks ago, my wife said "I don't wanna watch anything scary". I LOL'd. It just so happen to be on the part when the skeltons are whippin up on Ash. It's a classic movie that never gets old, and if it were to get a remake this day and time, it would probably be quite awesome. It is a great story, and Ash is awesome. BTW: he can always use another blanket for his horse.

NBM rates Army of Darkness - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment