The Facebook

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

Every once in a great while a movie comes along that exceeds expectations. This film did that for me. It did it on a few different levels. I actually saw it in the theater on a date night, and didn't really know what to expect. What I was worried about was the confusion aspect. From the trailers I had seen, and articles I had read, it just seemed like it would be a good book, but not a good movie. Movies tend to have a lack of details necessary to the story to account for time. Back and forth, in and out of dimensions Bana's character Henry has no control of when or where he goes, it just sort of happens. Sometimes he goes into the future, sometimes the past, but the amount of time he is in limbo and away from his life with Clare (Rachel McAdams) is always undetermined and begins to take it's toll on their marriage. However this was written was so good, the audience didn't have to concentrate on thinking about what was happening. It just made sense. I don't know the formula used, but there are several other films that could use a dose. Every time Henry fades away, he ends up in a different time, naked and alone. He has to figure out where he has landed, and then he has to get clothes and survive. Not necessarily in that order. The film goes into a whole different direction when they decide to have a baby. It is a fundamental part of the film, but I'm not going to spoil any of that for you who haven't seen it yet. I say, yet, because I am well aware of my audience's loyalty to the truth I speak, and I do appreciate it. It has been constantly playing on HBO this month and I tend to watch bits and pieces of it every time I come across it. Great story, great direction, and great acting make this a must.

NBM rates The Time Traveler's Wife - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today

 

1 comment:

  1. It exceeded my expectations too! It is a great movie.

    I just found your blog through one of the Wednesday blog hops! Have a great night.

    Amanda
    http://www.nutritionistreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete