The Facebook

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Runaways

Guest Post By Lisa.

When hubby asked me to do a review on the biopic, The Runaways, I was a little nervous. I did not know much about the band. The movie takes place from 1975-1977. It quickly shows the rise and fall of The Runaways, or the rise of Joan Jett (Kristen Stewart), and fall of Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning). The teenage girls were quickly thrown into stardom by their eccentric producer Kim Fowley (Michael Shannon), but unfortunately did not have their best interests at heart. With great success from their first single "Cherry Bomb", and their next 2 albums, Cherie lets the fame go to her head. After a hospital stay in Japan Cherie decides to leave the band, leaving Joan to salvage what was left. I would recommend the movie if your a fan of The Runaways. I did do a little research after the movie. I learned that the movie was based on a book "Neon Angel" written by Cherie Currie, and The Runaways was also the first all girl rock band to break into arena filling rock acts. I always new girls rocked.

NBM rates The Runaways - Neutral

Buy Your Copy Today

No comments:

Post a Comment