The Facebook

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twilight

The Twilight Project: Review #1
Over the next couple months, I am going to have a few different people submit their reviews of Twilight. 4 or 5 perspectives should be really interesting. From the females who read the books to males who had no interest in the movie, but watched it on Encore, because nothing else was on. Here we begin...

I thought maybe I should switch gears tonight. All I have been talking about are action movies with my Expendables week. Now I want to give the ladies something they may be able to show their boyfriends to get them to watch the Twilight movies. Although they are not sorely intended for a mature audiences, like Interview, Bram Stokers, and The Underworld trilogy, they are enjoyable nonetheless. Vampires have always had certain rules about the way they must live. No Sun is the big one. In The Twilight movies, the Vamps can go into sunlight with no repercussion other than it makes their skin shiny, like diamonds. I like what Stephenie Meyer did with this series. She sort of reinvented vampires as we know it. It is set in high school, so right there, everyone can relate. It's really no different than any other high school movie you may enjoy. The only difference is the love interest happens to involve a dude name Edward Cullen, Vampire, and a chick named Bella Swan, Human. Unless you've been living in a cave the past 3 years, I'm sure you know whats going on. Team Edward (Vamps) and Team Jacob (Cradle Robbers), just kidding, actually he is a shape shifter. Don't say werewolves! I got my head bitten off by a lady we call THE AP. She informed me that they are referred to as shape shifters, not werewolves. My response, "I don't care!" Anyway, 80% of the female population is Team Edward, which I do not understand. If this movie were out when I was in high school, I could've dug that. The Tall, skinny, lanky, pale white boy has any chick he wants. That was and is not reality. Woman have always said they want Tall, dark, and handsome. I've never heard a woman say, "I'll go out with him as long as he is pasty, and has a skin disorder that makes him SHINY" If that was the way of the world, I would have had to beat them off with a stick during my youth. Whenever I compare my body and skin tone to that of Edward to a group full of women, they laugh. Are they that blinded by this fictional character? I say, YES. Stephenie Meyer changed things for Teenie bopper girls to 65 year old grannies and I can dig that. She also opened up a whole new "Fad". Everywhere we look, there's something to do with Vampires. From TV shows, to movie spoofs, it's all out there. Did I enjoy the movie? Sure I did. It was a good movie. I didn't see it til it was on video, but I enjoyed it just the same. By no means am I a "Twi-hard", I'm not even a "Twi-soft". I'm more like a "Twi-Indifferent". I just watch movies, and I can easily rate this movie, which I am sure I will receive hate mail, but NBM gives Twilight a rating of - Awesome 




Buy your Copy Today
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment