The Facebook

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Masters of the Universe


The Expendables: Day 6


By The Power of Greyskull, I had a good time watching this 1987 release featuring The Expendables star Dolph Lundgren. Of course, if I had seen it for the first time ever last night, it probably wouldn't have been as great to me, but having grown up with it, I was really taken back to that time in my life. I think this is the lowest rated film I have reviewed so far. Sitting at 13% on RT, not many people gave it a positive review. I, on the other hand, enjoy watching movies I grew up on. With all the crappy CG, and the bad sound editing. None of that matters, because it was as enjoyable as it ever was. Sucks there was no green tiger though. I would have liked them to have had at least one scene with that awesome tiger. It wouldn't have been hard. A little paper mache', some paint. All he had to be was a prop in the background on the planet of Eternia. Other than that one miss, Dolph wore the crap out of that cape, did he not? I also remember how scared I used to get at the site of Skeletor's bounty hunters. The creepy short, ghoulies type fellow, with the flowing pompadour and bad teeth used to freak me out. Karg, I think was his name,kind of still does. Courtney Cox couldn't have asked for a better big screen debut. What a career launcher that turned out to be. She really rocked the denim jacket/skirt combo well. What I couldn't get past was, if let's say, they had a million dollar budget to film Masters, then I'd say they spent half of that budget on Skeletor. He was awesome looking. I may be biased on the subject of He-Man, but I am willing to bet there are a lot of you all that feel the same way. I decided to post this picture, because growing up, the green tiger with orange stripes and no moving parts was my favorite toy. Will I ever watch it again?
Absolutley! I'm sure one day my boy will wanna see it and I will oblige him.

Masters of the Universe NBM rating of -Great 







Buy Your Copy Today
                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment