The Facebook

Friday, August 13, 2010

Terminator Salvation

The Expendables: Day 5

Some of you may be wondering who the common factor between Terminator Salvation and The Expendables is. You had to really pay attention to Terminator to notice him, because unfortunately he dies really early in the film. I'm talking about Terry Crews. (Hit the link to watch his hilarious Old Spice commercials). He is a large black man who used to be an NFLer, but now lends his bulky body not only to action films, but he is also quite the funny man in several comedies. He has great screen presence for someone with no formal acting lessons. You may remember him from the comedy Benchwarmers with Rob Schneider. He wore a hilarious Blonde Toupe' to hide his bald head. Anyway, Terminator Salvation is an awesome movie. I can't beleieve it was rated the lowest among the 4 films, even the 3rd one, which I like, but not as much as this one. I actually find Salvation more enjoyable than The original (I know, I'm a Blasphemist) and the 3rd one. Judgement Day will always be the tops to me. Christian Bale did a phenomenal job being the so called "Savior" of the human race after Skynet launched and Judgement day left very few people on earth. I really like how McG directed Salvation. The action and the new Terminators we are introduced to was neat because Skynet hadn't yet launched the T-800 series made famous by Arnold. We got to see clunkier early versions for most of the film, only to get an all digital Avatar, if you will, of Arnold's face and body on the brand new T-800. It was cool to see the look on John Connor's face when he first saw his one time protector roll out of the steam of the engineering department trying to kill him. I also really enjoyed the Kyle Reese character. He has not been more than a memory in the 2nd and 3rd films. It was nice to see what kind of warrior he was, and to see him meet his son, who is older than him at the time. Of course, he doesn't know he is Connor's father, but Connor is well aware he cannot let anything happen to his, then teenage, father.  I am a little upset though to know this was supposed to be the first movie in an all "War with the Machines" trilogy, only to find out no one wants to fund the two sequels, which Bale is contracted for. Now we lay in wait while the Terminator series is actually on the auction block. I was immediately looking forward to the next film the moment the credits rolled on Salvation. When it first got a PG-13 rating, I was confused, because it was supposed to be very dark. I then came to the realisation that machines don't have blood, therefore there could lots of death and destruction without warranting an R rating. I was not disappointed in the least. I was worried going into the movie that I had built it up to much in my head and it couldn't live up to my expectations. In fact it exceeded, which isn't hard with me, but well appreciated. I hope it does return for 2 more movies and I will be there. As for Terry Crews, I hope he has a bigger part in The Expendables, because he is an awesome actor. I have enjoyed everything he is in, and look forward to the intensity he is bound to continue to bring to the silver screen. I predict that one day he will get the lead role in a big movie like Danny Trejo finally got in the upcoming "Machete" after years of being a character actor.
NBM gives this film a rating of Phenomenal




Here is proof that Terry Crews was in Terminator Salvation. That's him on the right talking with Bale and Director McG.




















Buy Your Copy Today

No comments:

Post a Comment