The Facebook

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Wolfman


I haven't met anyone who has seen this movie first hand, but critics and moviegoers alike were not happy with it. I rather enjoyed it. It is set in 1891 England which is neat to see London set back 100 plus years. I hate period pieces, but I like movies in older times if they focus on the movie and not just the garb and speak of the people. This was fun to watch because of how it was shot. It was mostly dark or night scenes, all the light was by candle light, and all the action was blurry fast, which made it really intense. All I heard when it came out was how gory it was. It was indeed gory, but it The Wolfman for gods sake. What did you expect it to be, all rainbows and lollipops? I'm glad arms were ripped off and heads decapitated. If it wasn't bloody, I think it would have lost something. I also enjoyed seeing Hugo Weaving back in front of the camera. I don't necessarily know if a sequel would be any good, but I guess we never know, do we? Do I regret not seeing this in the theater? Not really. It's definitely worth renting to see it once. More than that really depends on what your into. I would recommend for my friends and family to give it a shot. I don't think disappointment will be your emotion when it is over.
The Wolfman gets a solid NBM rating of - Great




Buy your copy today

No comments:

Post a Comment