The Facebook

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Top Gun

Top Gun is the classic love story about Maverick and Goose. They are a prime example of what hetero lifemates should be. They are always on the same page in life, unfortunately Maverick is a bit crazy when he is in a plane. When one of their fellow pilots ,"Cougar" turns in his wings, Mav and Goose get a very special invitation to the Top Gun flight school. Only the best of the best get invited. They feel they are the best, but the tremendous dickheads, Iceman with his partner Slider, probably really are the best. Competion ensues, and eventually Iceman murders Goose. (No Charges were filed, probably because he's pretty, and he may chomp his teeth at you to intimidate you). A film involving a school doesn't seem like it would be interesting, but when you add Fighter jets, Meg Ryan, motorcycles, and the Righteous Brothers, it'll change the way you think about school. I always think what my pilot name would be after I watch Top Gun. The names are so great, from the leader of the pack "Viper" and his right hand man "Jester". The funniest one is the black guy called "Sundown". Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? Then there's Merlin, played by Tim Robbins. I am no expert, but I don't think you could even fit into a cockpit if your 6'6". That is poor attention to detail by the casting department. I also think casting Kelly McGillis has the love interest was way misguided. She's ugly and Pete Mitchell is Tom Cruise for Gods sake. One last thing that disappointed me was when I googled the interstate highway system there was absolutely no Highway to any "Danger Zone". What a crock. It sounded so exciting. Other than that this film is superb. It involves every emotion possible. Excitement, love, grief, embarrassment, loss, and EXPLOSIONS. Is that an emotion? It should be. I don't care if your pattern is full , I am about to buzz your tower. I still remember the feeling I had after I saw this for the first time. From that point on, all I wanted to do was play beach volleyball. Nothing else mattered. That's what I got out of it. I feel I should mention the rest of the call names for you to know, "Hollywood", "Wolfman", "Stinger", "Chipper", "Sprawl", and "Air Boss Johnson". As for my name, they call me,"The Muffin Man".

NBM rates Top Gun - Phenomenal


Buy Your Copy Today

1 comment:

  1. My favorite line from this movie was "Take me to bed, or lose me forever."

    ReplyDelete