The Facebook

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (2005)

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was such a surprise to me when I first saw it on IFC in 2007. This film was suppose to be Robert Downey Jr.'s big comeback movie. As it was great, it didn't have the promotion it needed to hit it big. That's probably why I love it so much, no one has heard of it. It's a complex story that I'm not sure I fully understood the first time I watched it. It twists and turns a few times before it wraps. Luckily, I DVR'd it and was able to watch it a week later and I'm glad I did. It's so genius in it's own right. Original? Maybe, maybe not. Clever? Absolutely. With that being said, I believe this is Val Kilmer's best movie. I know he was played Doc Holliday in Tombstone, but I feel this particular film really expressed his range as not only a dramatic actor, but also as a comedic actor. Val plays a private dick named Perry. Gay Perry is his actual title throughout the movie. Gay Perry really brings the movie home with his perfectly placed sarcasm and wit. Corbin Bernson shows up, and that's when it get a little weird, so pay attention. R D Jr plays Harry, a piss poor thief would be stating it nicely. Any who, Harry, with his dumb ass luck, ends up in front of some movie producers as an auditioning actor. Turns out, he's not bad. They fly him to L.A. where the shit ultimately hits the fan. When he gets to LA, he runs into his old childhood friend, played brilliantly by the always sexy Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye). Everything is fine until her sister comes up missing and she looks to Harry to find her. Murder, sex, and conspiracies round out this wonderful movie, which by the way is narrated backwards by R D Jr. I love this film and have introduced it to many of my friends and family, who in turn, thank me unrelentlessly for the blessing I have bestowed upon them. I think this movie could be A Work of Art, but since it is only 5 years old I must give it a NBM Rating of Phenomenal!!


Buy Your copy today

No comments:

Post a Comment