The Facebook

Sunday, August 22, 2010

9

You may not know this about me, but I absolutely love cartoons. From children's cartoons to cartoons more geared towards adults. I just love the aspect and the possibilities animation brings to the screen. Plus when it's an animated film, we don't have to have the conversations and arguments about the CG. This film won the Oscar for Best short film the year before it got turned into a full length feature. People who didn't know this, made statements like, "it should've been over in ten minutes", to which I say, "it originally was".  I saw it in the theater and it was one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen. The sound, the color and the action is unmatched when it comes to other animated films I've seen. It could've been wrapped up quickly, but it was extended to a short 1 hour 19 minutes. It features 9  "sock puppets" who are created by a scientist to exist in a post apocalyptic world much like the Terminator series. Machines have taken over the planet and destroyed all life, human and animal. The sock puppets are even considered "life" to these machines, so without even knowing why they exist, they know, they must survive. It's a classic story of survival, and the entire time we root for the little fellas. Voiced by an all star cast, these 9 little guys have a community, where leadership has been established. #1, as he is called, is the oldest and he is pretty much the ruler over the other 8. Each puppet possesses different traits, and when they work together, things can be accomplished. The "heart" these guys show really comes across, and with every second they are in peril, I was on the edge of my seat. Produced by the always brilliant Tim Burton, this film is definitely worth owning. I don't own it, because I do not have a Blu Ray player. I think this would be best film ever put on Blu Ray, and it will be my first movie purchased once I get my B R player. I back this film up 100% and if you like movies that are a little different, compared to the norm, you will enjoy this film. It' short and quick and can easily be watched more than once.

NBM rates 9- Awesome

Buy Your Copy Today

No comments:

Post a Comment