The Facebook

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Armageddon

The Expendables: Day 2.
Today I will write about a man who is the epitome of Cool. Bruce Willis may be the biggest Bad Ass of all time. If you were to ever tell me about someone you know, and stated "he's cool". I would call Bullshit. I doubt you know Bruce Willis. Moving on, the A-Bomb and I often discuss the % of Bruce Willis films in which he uses a Hand gun, or any type of firearm, for that matter. Seems I remember he always leaned toward the 65-70 % range where as I thought more along the lines of 80%. After having reviewed his filmography just now, I have come to realise it's actual more like 50% (Still Bad Ass)! When I watch Armageddon these days, it's still awesome. I wonder if the producers were like," Hey Bruce, we've got this project where you save the world by drilling a hole into an asteroid in space and nuking it." Bruce replies with, " That sounds great and all, but do I get to use a gun?" Producers: "No, why would you? You'll be in space." Bruce: "Unless a gun shows up on screen, I think I'll pass. Make it happen, boys." I believe that is why Colonel Sharpe has a gun in space, because Bruce is a bad ass. I love it when two nearly identical movies get released and only one succeeds. They're both probably decent flicks, but for some reason, everything is one big Pepsi Challenge. One or the other, no middle ground. Armageddon and Deep Impact. Who won that battle? Is Deep Impact even on DVD? What's funny is Deep Impact actually got better reviews, but Bruce Willis' Armageddon made like a Bazillion Dollars. That brings me full circle on the film critics. They don't know what the hell they are talking about. They just use big words to rip quality films to pieces. Armageddon had the laughs, the action, the hot girl, and Rockhound (Steve Buscemi) riding a Nuke! It also had something rarely felt, emotion wise, in any big summer blockbusters. To this day, every time I watch this movie, I get chill bumps up and down my arms for the sacrifice these American oil drillers put forth. Harry Stamper, although a fictional character, is a great American hero. To date, I believe he has saved my planet from total annihilation at least 50 times, and each and every time he detonates that nuke sitting front and center, I appreciate it. That's how a great movie should make you feel. Not once, or twice, but every time it is watched. Bruce, I commend you!
BTW: He did The Expendables for Free! Bad Ass

NBM rates Armageddon- Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today

1 comment:

  1. One of my all time favorite movies! I can watch this one over and over and over :)

    ReplyDelete