The Facebook

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Book of Eli

Once again, here's another movie the critical community didn't like. In fact it was really damn good. I'm not sure if it met or exceeded my expectations, but I did enjoy it. What I really like about it, SPOILER ALERT, is it's religious background. Yes, I know all of you probably thought it was a deeper religious meaning, that mainstream would shadow with some other "read between the lines" version of the plot. No, it was completely in your face and I'm glad. It is set post apocalyptic, yet it didn't depress me like films with similar backstory, i.e. "The Road". It's full of action which really wasn't over the top for this type of film. The acting was great of course. Gary Oldman and Denzel, not to mention the lovely eye candy Mila Kunis brings to the screen. I liked how quickly the movie flowed. It didn't slow down much at all and it had a really neat twist. While watching it I wondered why Denzel would do this type of film. He hadn't done anything this raw since Training Day. Then I found out he produced it which made me appreciate him and it all the more. He backed a project he believed in for whatever reason and it paid off. Maybe not at the box office, and definitely not with the mainstream media, but with the moviegoers I think he hit the nail on the head. Enjoyable to watch, doesn't drag, good bloody action, and great acting, Exactly what we want from any movie these days.


NBM rating for The Book of Eli - Awesome




Buy your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment