The Facebook

Monday, August 2, 2010

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1

I thought I would go back a few years and write a post about a movie not loved by critics. (14% on Rotten Tomatoes). In the midst of "The Other Guys", due out this Friday, I felt the need to give you some of the earlier Sam Jackson. Loaded Weapon 1 was one of the first spoof parody movies I can remember seeing. To me, an 11 year old, it was effin hilarious in its gags and jokes. I know it was done well, because back then I didn't even understand most of the jokes, but I still enjoyed it. When I watched it not too long ago, I'd forgotten how good it really is, even to an adult. Kathy Ireland flashing the "beaver" a'la Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Laughed my ass off. Not to mention all the stupid shit Jack Colt (Emilio Estevez) does. I particularly love the cameo by none other than the biggest bad ass in cinema history, Mr. Bruce Willis, when his beach house, not a very nice beach house, gets blown up. Bruce and the chopper pilot have a nice conversation about his address and everyone realizes it was just a numerical mistake. Classic. Jack's shitty trailer on the beach is pretty much exactly like Riggs' in Lethal Weapon, except for the fact once he enters it from the outside it's actually mansion-like on the inside. I do enjoy stupid comedies, and this one does not disappoint. In anticipation for what looks to be one bad ass comedy, "The Other Guys",
National Lampoons Loaded Weapon 1 gets a Great rating.


Buy your copy today



No comments:

Post a Comment