The Facebook

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tron: Legacy

Visually stimulating. Overly Bright. A two hour mangasm. It states, "What 3D was made for." That I disagree with. While it was awesome, and I do not regret paying the extra 300 pennies, I do proclaim that Avatar was still a better 3D offering. Not necessarily story wise, but the 3D effects popped more. I guess I am not sure if I had watched Tron in 2D if anything would have been lost. Tron: Legacy is getting ripped based on its "weak" story, and it's being praised for it's visuals. I say they are half right. The visuals do make the film, but the story is powerful. All I kept thinking was, what if I had no choice, and I were imprisoned by what I had built? I cannot imagine missing out on 20 years of my son's life. Not being able to explain to him where I was, only hoping he would not hate me if we were to be together again. Tron is deeper than critics are realizing. They are expecting something the doesn't exist. Another movie that could predict the future like TRON (1982) did is gonna be hard to reproduce. Tron:Legacy does a fantastic job for a sequel 28 years in waiting. I really enjoyed the two Jeff Bridges battling each other. Flynn is trying to create a perfect world inside a program. He creates CLU in his own image to do the work when he is unavailable. I thought Garrett Hedlund, who plays Sam Flynn, did a superb job. He is informed by Alan, his Dad's best friend and Sam's interim Father of sorts, that he received a page from Kevin's office at the arcade. The strange thing is the number has been disconnected for 20 years. Sam can't ignore it and goes to check it out. This is when he gets sucked into the program that has kept Kevin a hostage for the past two decades. From here the plot is thin, the action is thick, and the special effects are outstanding. It is very retrospective of the first film when Sam enters the program. He and his Father had the same mentality about it at first. Sam is much more aggressive than Kevin ever was, and this is helpful to his survival. Not to mention the technology Sam grew up with gives him the advantage of what to expect, and what may or may not be possible. We see a lot of the same aspects in this film as we did in the original. The speeder bikes, discs which hold memory, Transport vehicles, but it is so much more special. It just feels so real. Olivia Wilde is a hot program name Cora. She helps Sam and Kevin, and she longs to feel and see a sunrise. The whole film comes to a head when the object is revealed. I won't give anything away, because I didn't even know that was where it was going. I must admit it is hard to watch Bridges do anything anymore without adding Dudisms to his lines. Mostly the word Man to the end of every line does it pretty well. Fortunately he did that himself for most of the film. It felt at times like the laziest man ever, El Duderino, had somehow stumbled his high, White Russian drinking ass into a program. I also feel Bridges can do no wrong. What an Icon. TRON (1982) changed and predicted the future. This one makes us wonder, but stops there. It is a very fun movie, that is definitely worthy of the title "Big Screen Movie".

NBM rates Tron : Legacy - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment