The Facebook

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

The Cirque as it's referred to is a traveling side show of freaks and magical creatures not bound by God's laws. The leader of the Cirque is Crepsley (Reilly). When two high school boys, one perfect by all means and the other a complete failure troublemaker go to the show, they see things that seem impossible. They are in complete awe. The troublemaker, Steve, recognizes Crepsley from one of his vampire books. Steve wants very much to be a Vampire, but his blood is found undesirable. In kind of a sleaze ball move his perfect best friend, Darren, takes Crepsley up on an offer to become half Vampire and be his personal assistant. The story is decent, but the CG effects are awesome. The freaks have such neat freakishness about them and it looks real. From what I remember the movie was advertised as a comedy. I think poor advertising led to it's poor box office gross. I was expecting something a bit different from what I got. That's actually a good thing in this case. I really enjoyed the path I was led down with Cirque. With supporting roles from Salma Hayek, Willem Dafoe, and Ken Watanabe it really is well acted. Although it is left wide open for a sequel and the books from which it's derived totals 13 I do not believe the movie company will take another on the chin like that. If it did sequel, I would watch it.

NBM rates Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - Great

Buy Your Copy Today



No comments:

Post a Comment