The Facebook

Monday, December 20, 2010

Transformers


A film with the line in the credits, "Based on the Toys made by Hasbro", says it all. It's ludicrous, asinine, and absolutely brilliant. When this film came out in 2007 I was so happy. I saw it 4 times on the big screen, bought it the day it was available, and have seen it another 20. Something about bringing that great concept back that we grew up with. Michael Bay takes a lot of crap, but I feel he was the right man for the job. Only he could go that much over the top and not look cheesy. It was at the time the best special effects I had ever seen. The attention to detail during the transformations alone. Most Transformations were quick and instant. Just to get his point across Bay had Optimus morph slowly one time. We got to see where every piece of the puzzle went. The tires, engine, windshield. It was amazing. It still amazes me today when I watch it. It brought back all those wonderful memories and introduced us to Megan Fox. Nice. A-Bomb and I watched it the first time together and when it was over we wanted more. Not more as in turn around and watch it again. We wanted sequels. Very few films get that kind of feedback so quickly after being viewed. So the story in a nutshell. Sam Wittwicky has the key to a civil war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. They bring their war to Earth and Sam is right in the middle. He doesn't know it, but he holds the location to Decepticon leader Megatron.  Having to deal with technology that shouldn't exist, he thrives on. He also is a hero and gets the girl. It's a great American film. The battles are epic. It's a big adrenaline rush that is still fun to watch, even though we know every scene, line, and ending. That's why it is underrated. That's why it is great.
**I consider myself an Autobot. I am constantly vexed whenever I see cars or apparel bearing the Decepticon badge. Is evil really more fun than being a hero for good? You tell me. Are you a Decepticon or an Autobot? Leave a comment.

NBM rates Transformers - Phenomenal

Buy Your Copy Today
 

1 comment:

  1. Autobot, most of the time. sometimes I feel like a decepticon trapped in an autobot body.

    ReplyDelete