The Facebook

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fast and Furious

Here is the beginning of the most random series of posts I have done to date. Gran Torino week. Gear up and lets break down a few films that star the insanely cool Ford from days past. So 4 films deep into a mediocre franchise and they figured by dropping the "The" words from the title would make it something fresh and new. Ya know what? It actually worked. My sister in law who my kids call Mimi, God love her, is 35 years old and is absolutely hopelessly in love with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel. Obviously she doesn't care about good acting or male pattern baldness, as they are really kind of tied for worst actors along with the kid from Jingle all the Way and Phantom Menace. Needless to say she was there on opening day all hot and bothered to say the least. Apparently this new F & F is the "Cat's Pajamas", or " Bee's knees", or whatever kids say these days. Let's just say I really enjoy my sister in law, but I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her when it comes to movies, or music, or really anything in pop culture. I think it has passed her by. She is a little beyond her years I think. Anyway, back to the movie, Its actually the best in the series. I say that, even though no 4th film should ever be considered the best of anything, so with that being said I will state I actually think it is the 2nd best. The plot is good, the action is awesome, and the acting is gloriously average. After Brian (Walker) got canned for helping Dom in the first film, somehow got his federal job back for this installment. As much as I could care less about Mr. Diesel he does bring a huge amount of essence to the screen. He is very intimidating and plays that well. They are still on opposite sides of the law, but when Dom's girl is murdered, Dom must get the people responsible. It's a drug running gang that use secret tunnels under the border to transport their product and they only use the best drivers. Dom's girl was driving for them until they killed her. This is Dom's way in, but Brian needs in to bring down the drug cartel. They may not like it, but they have to work together. It is very adrenaline fueled with awesome sexy machinery to gawk at, and it features one of the worst way to die, involving the passenger side of...you guessed it, A Gran Torino. I watched this with a skeptical frame of mind the first time. I really enjoyed it and have voluntarily watched it 2 more times. As for Mimi, I made her year when I told her about the 5th film coming soon with the same cast. She said I absolutely have to take her, to which I said, "Whatever" as you all are aware I will watch anything. If you liked the 1st one, you will really enjoy this one.

NBM rates Fast and Furious - Awesome

Buy It!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment