The Facebook

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mission Impossible II


I know I reviewed the original MI not too long ago, but with the trailer release of MI 4: Ghost Protocol (see sidebar to watch), I need to write about another MI movie. This time I will write about the most poorly reviewed of the franchise, which I actual love. John Woo helmed this one - hence the pigeons. I don't mind John Woo at all, plus Sir Anthony Hopkins and Thandie Newton have been added to the cast. Good start? Yep!! Plus you factor in Tom Cruise's outstandingly gorgeous long locks, you have a guaranteed hit. It starts off with a thrilling opening scene followed by that awesome intro music and I am hooked. The story is about the interception of two highly deadly tubed viruses by the IMF that will be used to extort insane amounts of money to save the population. Ethan Hunt is back and it is awesome. The stunts, the love interest, the Ducati - it is all so perfect. I honestly do not understand why people hate this movie. I feel it is exactly what this franchise is about. I think what I love about this franchise the most is the fact that since its introduction in 1995 it has only spawned 3 (great) films, going on 4. Transformers has its 3rd out in 4 years. I like that MI is spending the time to write awesome scripts and never rushing to theaters. The second installment also holds a small piece of my heart for sentimental reasons. This was the first thing me and my future wife did together, "before we together." I like to think MI 2 helped us form a bond with each other that would only be destroyed by HollowMan a couple weeks later, and then be rebuilt by Gone in 60 seconds. Either way, I love the ripping off of faces in MI 2 as we first saw in the first one. I will see the 4th one in the theater because I think it looks awesome, but also that this franchise has never done wrong and I strongly feel it will go 4 for 4.

NBM rates Mission Impossible II - Awesome

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete