The Facebook

Monday, June 20, 2011

Green Lantern




Clark Kent here writing about a fellow DC comic Superhero, The Green Lantern.  First off, let me start by saying indeed there are No Bad Movies, but it is a historical fact proven over the millenia that there are NEVER any Bad Super Hero Movies.  So there lies the heart of my review.
The Kent family has been planning a trip to see Green Lantern for some time. It was a celebration of my youngest offsprings 5th B-day. Also it just looked cool in the previews as well.  The fact that a purple alien can crash land on my planet and a mystical green ring, about the size of my high school ring in fact, can choose me to be the protector of one of the realms of the universe.  I was interested and ready to put in my application for the next opening.  Hal Jordan, typical fighter pilot jock/narcissist had the very specifics that the job required when the ring went searching for its' next recipient.  Hal isn't even sure why he was chosen hence the internal battle he must take on as well as the battle with the evil forces that threaten the core of our very universe.  Hal goes through a crash course in Green Lantern training 101 and learns that whatever he can think the ring helps him do. It creates what each lantern thinks and that is the very power of the ring. 
Green Lantern has all the wow factors of other superhero movies. Super Hero's special calling with super powers included, girl love interest, humorous sidekick, creepy bad guy, and cool special effects.  May not have been the best of superhero movies but indeed a fun one and entertaining one to watch. 

I give it a thumbs up rating of Awesome!

P.S. The picture I added is what Superman would look like as the Green Lantern.  "I Pledge Allegiance to a Lantern."


No comments:

Post a Comment