The Facebook

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Unstoppable


I have no toe nails left. I have no finger nails left. I drank my beer nervously and with fervor. If I was a smoker, I would have had to light up at least 4 times during this film. By now you know how I feel about Unstoppable. Tony Scott made a wicked good movie. When I first began seeing promos for this last year I was not in any rush to go watch it. Then RT rated it so high for a film that is sort of like the movie Speed, but on a train. Also, instead of an act of terrorism, it actually an act of stupidity of the human kind. An unmanned car "gets away" from some yucks in charge of relocated it inside the train yard to make room for other traffic. While Dewey (Ethan Suplee) thinks he has the train in idle mode, he soon realizes something has gone wrong as he cannot catch back up to it on foot. Then we have 28 year veteran Frank (Denzel) with his rookie conductor Will (Chris Pine aka Capt. Kirk). They have a different problem. They are heading directly at the unmanned train which is going very fast. They have to get out of the way before disaster strikes. The movie follows 3 to 4 stories. The yard that lost the train. Will and Frank. Then we have the all mighty higher ups trying to lose the least amount of money. There are so many crappy scenarios to begin with, but the fact that the runaway is carrying loads of hazardous material that would devastate any town it crashes into. The train company have tried several ways to stop the train before Frank and Will must intervene which could do one of two things. Make them heroes are make them dead. Really dead. At 90 minutes long short, it is the absolute perfect length. Nothing is wasted. I never felt it was missing anything and when it got over, it was over. Perfectly done. Easily one of the most intense films I have seen in quite some time and I recommend it to everyone. Also based on true events makes it all the more intense and enjoyable.

NBM rates Unstoppable - Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment