The Facebook

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Knight and Day


Being "Anti-Cruise" since he went off the deep end has not only hindered me from watching his new films, but has turned him into box office poison. At the same time, it is impossible to deny the fact that he is awesome, and to turn your back on him after his beautiful career would not only be fiendish, but also hypocritical. Hypocritical because I bet you a million dollars that even though you may be done with Tom Cruise and you won't watch his new movies, there is no way you will never watch Top Gun, Days of Thunder, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, or Risky Business ever again PERIOD!!!! I had no desire to see this in the theater, but after watching HBO First Look, I realized Tom does his own stunts, and that earns respect. When you see him running across roof tops in Spain, That's him. When he is riding a motorcycle with the running of the bulls. That's him...and her by the way. Diaz likes to do a lot of her own stunts as well. She trusted him, and she was on the bike with him during the scene, plus I hear she is really good behind the wheel. in fact she is an A+ stunt driver and she really is driving that GTO in the film. On to the film. June (Diaz) is a fairly standard single woman on her way to her sister's wedding when she meets Roy (Cruise). He is a black listed, kill at any cost ex spy. He happens to have "sensitive" material he is protecting and he needs June (against her knowledge) to help him transport it. Once they are on the plane bound for Boston, every passenger other than June is out to kill Roy. The fight scenes are superb and I really feel sorry for the second pilot. You'll see what I mean when you watch it. Now he is responsible for her well being and this funky relationship begins where she is always being shot at and being drugged. Sometimes it does feel like he is trying really hard to get a laugh, and sometimes it works. I know how serious he takes himself, so at times it can be hard for me to appreciate what he doing. Other times, it seems so effortless, you can't help but to applaud. Like I said, He has to protect her and this other thing while trying to expose the baddies that are after him. He kills a lot of people and the stunts are fantastic. I only watched this because A-Bomb said, "It's actually not bad." and I have to agree. It had a few sequences that I will watch over and over again since it will be on a continuous loop on HBO for the next 60 days.

NBM rates Knight and Day - Awesome

1 comment:

  1. I watched this on the flight to Paris last night. This was a really entertaing film. Makes me look forward to seeing Tom Cruise as a washed up rock star in his new film next year!

    ReplyDelete