The Facebook

Friday, July 1, 2011

Transformers : Dark of the Moon



Was I stoked about the 3rd installment in the franchise the reinvented film making? You bet your bottom $. I was a little sad that I had to wait 2 days after it's release to finally make it, and the fact that my wife and The AP saw it before A-Bomb and I. This vexed me the most because of the loads of crap they gave us in 2007 when the first one came out, and we were giggly school girls over it and watched it 4 times on the big screen. Now they get to see it before us!!!!! Whatevski. We still had an awesome time. I was anticipating this movie for my own reasons. I love Transformers. The action Bay is able to give us is unmatched by anyone in Hollywood today and I love it. The louder, the better is what I say. Another reason I was anxious was the amount of people that stated the obvious, "It is better than the second one", and the amount of people that even dared to say it was better than the original. PEOPLE, PLEASE SHUT YOUR BLASTPHEMIST PIE HOLES!!!!. Thank You. I will confirm this right now. It does not even come close to touching what the first one is, does, or how it will be seen in 20 years. It is better than #2, and Rosie Whiteley steals the show. All I have to say about her is, ...Megan who? In this one we get a lot of back story about the civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. It is very cool back story and unlike one and two, the focus really stays on them for the entirety. Sam is still the star and Shia delivers in only a way he can. He is great at what he does, and I never feel like he isn't trying to give it his all, and I appreciate that. Sam has now saved Earth twice, been given heroic medals and accolades, but is currently out of college and unemployed. He seems to be going through a mid life crisis at 22. He  feels worthless without being part of the cause any more, and doesn't know how to move on. John Malkovich delivers plenty of comedic relief which is always appreciated. Then we have his new girl Carly. She (Rosie Whiteley) seems to be the bread winner in the relationship, but she doesn't mind. She works for Dylan (McDreamy) as the curator of his classic car museum. He seems to have a thing for her, and Sam doesn't like it, plus he plays the snotty millionaire prick to perfection. When the Decepticons try to take over our planet because theirs has been destroyed the Autobots want to help, but our Government sends them packing. It also features one of the coolest stunts of all time. The soldiers flying through Chicago in their little suits is so cool. The action is brilliant, and the jokes were better than in the previous films. I thought there was little wrong with this film, and if you slightly like the other 2, you will love this one. It is a pretty strong plot with outstanding acting. It also showed a trailer for Captain America that I had not seen. I have wanted to see this movie for a little while now, but A-Bomb had, and I quote, "NO DESIRE". Finally, after months of ad campaigns and TV spots, and multiple trailer, they finally gave him a reason to say, "Now I have changed my mind". As for Dark of the Moon...


NBM rates Transformers 3 - Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment