The Facebook

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thor


Where to begin. First off, let me offer my personal thank you to all No Bad Movie readers.  This is "Superman's" first guest write and what is more ironic than a DC comic "super hero" writing to you about a Marvel comic "god".  You heard me right, a god, god of thunder that is.  Thor has finally been introduced and added to the collection of Marvel superheros and man I tell you he doesn't disappoint.  The story actually has some good substance to it.  There is a bit of fantasy with the storyline taking place partially in Asgard.  1 of 8 realms where the god's reside and watch over and protect our race and our planet.  This fantasy line of the story merges up well with reality bringing the character to "Life".  The myth and the magic fade away as Thor walks amongst the mortal for a good part of his time on earth.  His trip to earth, or should I say banishment, seems to bring the qualities of a king or hero out of him thus making him a perfect candidate for future crime fighting good.  As with all reviews, you cannot reveal the story for it will ruin the experience.  But I tell you this,  up until Friday afternoon at 12:30pm  I would have to say my favorite superhero movie was Ironman 1 but Thor now stands side by side with Tony Stark.   So beyond telling you what the movie is about, the action, drama, comedy, love interest are all worth the trip to the theater. It will be a BluRay purchase on a future Tuesday evening upon it's release and I will never look at a hammer as a mere tool ever again!

Few points of interest and easter eggs to look for:  Stay till the very end of the rolling credits.  Little Avenger cameo by Mr. Fury.  Potential Avenger story line introduced???? Also I didn't think anyone noticed it but me but there is another Avenger cameo during the film.  Look at the sharpshooter about half way through the film.  Recognize him? He has an unaccredited role but with a little digging you can find the tie.  Also look for the Stan the Man cameo. Stan Lee is sort of my Where's Waldo in Marvel films.  Also Chris Hemsworth is my new man crush.  That dude was ripped for this film!
NBM concurs with Superman's rating of Thor - Phenomenal

I, Jester, saw Thor today and when it was over I could not believe how much I enjoyed it. Way better than I had anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment