The Facebook

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Incredible Hulk


With the brilliant Thor review yesterday and Captain America just around the corner, along with Hawkeye, another Wolverine film and The Avengers coming, I will begin Marvel week yesterday. When The Incredible Hulk got re-booted after the unfathomable Ang Lee version of '03, I was skeptical. This is why I did not watch it for a long time. Finally I decided that it was time. I was really stoked about Ed Norton as Bruce Banner, but at the same time, I really like Eric Bana and we all know how that one went. What I really got behind was the supporting cast. Liv Tyler, William Hurt, and Tim Roth. When Bruce Banner aka The Hulk (Norton) surfaces in South America after being in hiding for a while. Hiding? Oh yeah, from the U S government. We all know he was an experiment gone wrong. He doesn't want to be a caged animal, but they feel he is a harm to himself and everyone around him. I liked how quickly we get to see The Hulk. That's why we watch after all. When he comes back to the States for a possible cure, he is hunted and attacked, which makes him angry. At this point it goes from pretty good to freakin awesome. Especially after he kicks Tim Roth - Supercop - into a mature tree breaking his body. He is given the new serum which turns him into an adversary to both Hulk and his former employer. Even though Hulk seems to be a brainless being when in that form, his new nemesis Abomination is pure evil. He will purposely destroy anyone who gets in his way to take down Hulk. Their Battle Royale (with cheese?) is insanely well done and by the end we learn a little something about Hulk. I also love the forethought on Marvel's part to begin tying together these films for the 2012 release of The Avengers. Tony Stark shows up at the end of the credits in this film and that was 2008. Forethought. I was a little disappointed Norton couldn't come to an agreement to retain his role, but I Do Love Mark Ruffalo, so I am very interested in the direction it will take us.

NBM rate The Incredible Hulk - Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment