The Facebook

Sunday, September 11, 2011

United 93


It feels right to post this review on the 10th anniversary of the darkest day in my American History. Lots and Lots and Lots of films were made about this infamous day, but the only one that looked worth watching to me was United 93. I wasn't sure how it would be spun, ya know - Hollywood and all, but it was absolutely fantastic. I mean, The ending sucked, but at the same time it was glorious. We all know how that flight ended. United flight 93 was headed to crash into the White House, when the passengers took that plane back and crashed it into an empty field killing no one other than the people and terrorist aboard. Those people to me represent what the American fight is all about. The way the film is shot is extremely intense as it should be. It was a true story and we knew that, but at the same time, everyone not on those flights were thankful to be alive, however, while watching this movie there is a very urgent sense by us [the viewer] that if put in that situation, we would do the same thing. It is a harrowing film about the self sacrifice of few to save many. This is a one time watch to me, but I also feel it is a must see to any American who remembers where they were that fateful morning that changed our history forever. I know the film was written with only a few facts at hand, and the dialogue was all made up for a good script, but it always felt real, in the sense, that it was not all Stallone and Arnie killing everyone. It was a group effort thrown together to take back what was theirs. It was sloppy and it is how a situation like that would go down. The only thing I don't agree with was the film makers showed one of the terrorists being remorseful. I feel if one makes a decision to kill thousands of innocents, there is no remorse. It is just ruthlessness at the highest level.

NBM rates United 93 - Phenomenal


No comments:

Post a Comment