The Facebook

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Your Highness


I really had hoped after witnessing that superb Red Band trailer all those months ago, that Your Highness would have more to offer. It turned out to be what I like to call a "Trailer Movie" (Copyright by NBM and it's affiliates). A "Trailer Movie" is a film that gives away all the redeeming qualities in the trailers, and they don't add much that we have not already seen. I just kept waiting for it, but the plot just seemed to drag on and on, with silly dialogue and F bombs dropping like they are going out of style. I didn't expect much else from Danny McBride, but I did expect a better script. I had an argument about this movie- well, more like an airing of opinions - with the one we call Archangel. He loved this movie. Actually, according to how I read his messages, it should read more like, LOVE!!! I kind of get where he is coming from, but in my opinion, it could have flowed better, without relying on the F word in British dialect to attain the laughs. It follows two very different brothers. Thadius (McBride) and his older Bro Fabius (Franco). Fabius is a national treasure and future king, while Thadius is a stoner, lazy, slacker, foul mouthed dickhead. When Fabius Bride is stolen by the sinister Wizard Lezar, they must rescue her. Lezar has plans for the bride (Deschanel). Thadius gets his first quest much to his dismay. He and Big Bro travel to country seeking Lezar. They run into some foes along the way, and I think the funniest scene in the movie involved the mythological creature The Minotaur. All in all, Thadius is trying to earn respect whist not dying, and Fabius just wants his bride back. I will say, for a secondary character, Thadius' assistant Courtney added several laughs of his own, but not even this brilliant cast which also includes Natalie Portman could get me to watch it more than the one time I did.

NBM rates Your Highness - Good

No comments:

Post a Comment