The Facebook

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coupe de Ville


This is a film I had never heard of before yesterday when I watched it. It received a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and that is the sole reason I do what I do. How can anything with Alan Arkin be rated zero? That I do not get. The story is not half bad either. Actually I'd say it's a bit better than half good even. I was gonna write about the first Transformers tonight since it is 4 years to the day of its release, but upon further review, I actually already wrote about that film some time back. [Read that Review Here]. So now you get a barely known film from 1990 featuring McDreamy, Daniel Stern, and Arye Gross along with the previously mentioned Arkin. The 3 young men portray 3 brothers with completely different life paths. They do not get along, they do not like each other, and now they have to be stuck in the small space that is a Cadillac Coupe de Ville for a long time. It is set in the '60's and these young men have been tasked with bringing their Mother's birthday gift across the country before their terminally ill Father crokes. The fiasco's these men get into are funny to me, because I am 1 of 3 brothers who not always got along. The way they grow together along the trip is classic and fun and...well, Brotherly. The film goes so much deeper than bringing a car to their mother. It is about the tie that binds and the fact that blood is thicker than water. It also shows that even though we think we may know everything about someone, more than likely we will be wrong about a thing or two. This movie is good for laughs, also good for a lesson much deeper than what we think at first.

NBM rates Coupe de Ville - Awesome

1 comment:

  1. What does this movie have to with 4th of july?

    ReplyDelete