The Facebook

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shaun of the Dead

I must admit I have been chomping at the brain to write this one since the day I started the site. I have never been a huge fan of horror movies of any kind and that included zombie flicks. This film however changed everything for not only me, but the genre in general. It revolutionized comedy in such a way that films could now be categorized as comedic horror. Not only is a comedy, but British as well. That's just the icing on the cake. When A-Bomb said I have to watch Shaun of the Dead I was not at all skeptical. If he recommends it to me than that's good enough for me. I trust him with not wasting my time. Since that fateful night all those years ago, I have seen it probably 30+ times. It is one of my faves in the last 5 years and it never gets old. The way they hide the jokes in the subtlety of their specific humor is brilliant and it leaves room to catch them for the first time after multiple viewings. This story follows down and out lovable loser Shaun (Simon Pegg) and his big loser friend Ed (Nick Frost). One night after a night of partying, Shaun and Ed wake up to an epidemic of sorts. Zombification. The funny thing is Shaun goes about his morning and never pays enough attention to his surroundings to even know anything is different. When the news finally informs them of what's happening, hilarity ensues. Soon Shaun has a few things on his mind that when compiled = "His Plan". This plan involves saving his mom, ex girlfriend, and getting to a safe place. The Winchester. Possibly the greatest pub ever. I have a Winchester Tavern T shirt which I love and no one has ever complimented me on it, probably due to the lack of knowledge on their part. This is anything but a stupid comedy. Its one of the wittiest and smartest movies ever made, it just happens to be a love story....with zombies. If you are like me and didn't watch this because of it's plot, do yourself a favor and you will laugh hard each and every time you watch it. It's Shaun's time to shine and while Ed may be the biggest bumbling goof of all time, he does a good job of basking in Shaun's glory. Will Shaun survive long enough to help mankind? Or will the Zed word beings overcome? Watch and find out and enjoy the brilliance that is Shaun of the Dead.

NBM rates Shaun of the Dead - A Cinematic Work of Art

Buy It!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment