The Facebook

Friday, August 31, 2012

2016 : Obama's America

This is not a film that is going to draw a wide audience. When it comes to politics you have Right and Left, but rarely Center. I consider myself and my views Right. Not because of my politics, but my general being. I am a quite accurate person. Anytime I speak it tends to correct. In that sense, I am right. As for Politics, no one is ever right - correct. Politicians always have their own agenda and the person who gets elected is the one that makes the most believable promises. Delivering on those promises is more rare these days than finding a pack of unicorns. What I wanted to know about this film is how little I actually knew of the man who is our 44th President. I knew almost nothing about him and that is scary. It is a fact based documentary. Not much speculation or theories, but it all seems black and white. I also was interested by the fact that this is based on the book written by Dinesh D'Souza. He is an immigrant himself who has seen the best and worst of The U.S., and I was interested on his perspective. I really enjoyed the architecture of his documentary. At 90 minutes long, it breaks down like this - Opening 20 minutes are about Dinesh himself. His beginnings, how he came to the U.S., and his career during and after his college years at Dartmouth. The next 40 minutes focus on Barack Obama. From birth till now, almost nothing is left out. This is important, because he is an unknown person who lives in the White House and runs the country. We are given information not released in the media, and this interested me. It chronicles his relationship or lack thereof with his Father, follows him to Indonesia where he lived as a teen for a few years, and it closely dissects his relationships with several radicals in the world that have very different views about life and liberty as we have come to know here in the U.S. Finally the last half hour is where it does get very Real and very Scary. It poses the question of what state our country will be in by 2016 if he gets re-elected. In my opinion, all Americans, Left Right and Center should watch this portion. The history of Barry is important because we see his allegiances and how he views "What America should be", but if everyone watched the last half hour with a completely blank and open mind, and forgot about Political Parties and all that,  the 2012 election would turn out very differently. I think Dinesh put together a great documentary without slamming Obama, accusing him of not being born here, and not downright attacking him. We get facts, some opinions, and we should do with it what we will.

NBM rates 2016 - A Must See before November 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment