The Facebook

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Puss in Boots

Today is a day I will forever remember. Today was the first time either of my kids watched a movie in the Theater. It so happened to be my daughter which was even more special since she doesn't seem to care for movies like her twin brother does. I wasn't sure how it would go since she is 3 and has the attention span of a...well, 3 year old child. She was in awe and truth be told, I watched her more than I watched the film. Granted I had seen it on DVD months ago, but it didn't matter. I will say this, Puss in Boots is funnier the second time around. I caught way more jokes and references this time. It uses the same model that all 4 Shrek movies did with the fairy tale lore. In P-I-B we deal with Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Magic Beans, and The Golden Goose. The story is solid as can be. A tale of betrayal, revenge, and sibling angst. Love, Lust, and dance fighting. When Puss is roped into helping his pal Humpty steal the magic beans, he has reservations, but with the help of Kitty Soft Paws (Salma Hayek) he can't fail. The action is superb and the imagination of the writers to throw new twists on old tales is greatly appreciated. I found myself laughing out loud more than any other child there. Of course I am WAY smarter than all kids. It is a fact. This film must be watched by anyone who likes good tales and great animation. Puss finds himself in more than one bad situation, but he always manages to get himself out of it. Will they sequel it? I'd say probably. Will I watch it? Definitely. A movie that I may not have given a second thought to, was ultimately enhanced for me by a 3 year old's excitement to watch "the biggest TV ever".


NBM rates Puss in Boots - Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment