The Facebook

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn Part 1

I did not rush out to the theater to see this 4th installment that has only one more film to complete the saga. It just didn't look that appealing to me compared to the previous 3. I will say the only one I saw in the theater was New Moon and it was everything I thought it could be. I boo'd, I cried, and I was surprised at the ending of New Moon. Talk about a cliffhanger. This one didn't give me any of those emotions. I felt flat the whole time I was watching it. It wasn't bad, it just was underwhelming. I mean, I am easy overwhelmed, but hardly underwhelmed, and I don't recall anything that has just made me feel whelmed. To the future. As for Edward and Bella, they finally get married...YAY. Now Bella can finally give Eddie her virginity and they can live for the rest of their lives, aka ETERNITY, in misery. I will say that I was excited for this one to come out before I saw any of the trailers. From what I hear, the 4th book is a bit off the chain. They (The readers of books) tell me Stephanie Meyer sort of threw all sense out the window and wrote whatever she wanted, and though it wrapped the series, it didn't necessarily fit with the other 3. That is what had me antsy for it. Unfortunately it seemed right in line with the tween reputation it earned for itself. Breaking Dawn has way less action and way more pregnancy. Oops..I should typed "Spoiler" before that last sentence. So we are to believe Bella conceives on the honeymoon, when in fact there is no way that can be accurate. The baby is way too big for a 1 day old in the womb. I think she lost her virginity before the vows were said, she still wore white (Liar), and they "HAD" to get married. Just my opinion. Either way, Bella is still Human and Ed thought he was sterile. Now she is carrying a Vamphetus. She cannot survive this pregnancy and the majority of the film shows her in labor pains, or something of that nature. I guess I just didn't care about them jet setting around the globe for an hour of the film. The wolves, which are the best, are almost absent entirely, but don't worry, we do get to see Jacob pout in every scene he is in. I don't know what I wanted out of this film. All I know is Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse all left me very satisfied. Even to the point that I do not mind watching them when they are on, even if my wife is not around. This one, however, I don't see myself watching anytime in the near or distant future. I will also say this, what Part 1 is leading into should be very good and when I see part 2 maybe my opinion of the flow of story in Part 1 may be realized. I hope Part 2 really overwhelms me and retires the series on a great positive note . I'd like to see The Volturi come in and destroy some stuff too. They are cool and mean.


NBM rates Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn Part 1 - Great
**Here are my reviews for the other 3 films**
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse

No comments:

Post a Comment