The Facebook

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tremors

Valentine and Earl Bassett
When trying to figure out what movie I wanted to review first, I tried to think of a movie I have literally seen hundreds of times, both edited and non. I first watched Tremors as a television edited Saturday night feature on USA network, I think. We taped it that night and my brother and I wore that VHS completely out and we watched it so many times, to this day I can still substitute all the cursing with the TV edited version of slang that really didn't make any sense. This movie is so quotable, yet, I don't think it ever reached "Cult" status like I feel it should've. What a great cast of characters. Val and Earl may be the greatest duo in a perilous situation ever. It was Reba's big breakthrough in the entertainment industry. Lets be honest, If she had never fought graboids, I feel her music would have gone unnoticed. And then there's Burt (Michael Gross) who actually says "Mother Humper" , which leads to Val saying it 2 more times, in a row. Any movie that says Mother Humper 3 times is a big winner in my book. All in all, most of the patrons of Perfection, population 14, don't make it to the end of the film, but the one shining note is that at least 50% of the minority characters in the film survive. Walter Chang was not as lucky as Miguel. Miguel , I feel, got to live because he contributed at least one good idea to the survival of the group "Let them follow him around, if they like that noise". All Chang was concerned with was "the damn name!" Nester didn't get high enough and Fred's sheep just weren't filling enough to the graboids, Edgar only has one jacket and he was the first to realise, Graboids aren't afraid of Winchester rifles.
I give the movie Tremors a rating of: Phenomenal



Buy your copy today

No comments:

Post a Comment